Over the years, I have learned so much about Entrepreneurship. I'm still learning new things on a DAILY. I wanted to share with you all a few things that may help you along your journey to EntrepreneuHERship.
- DEPEND ON NO ONE BUT YOURSELF: I know it's hard to wrap our heads around this one, but its true. This is YOUR business. No one will be as serious about your business as you will. NO ONE!!! So what, you have a team of individuals who are helping you with your blog, your photos or your branding, but remember, they will never put your brand 1st! You can't get mad if someone doesn't repost your event or even support it. Get over it and DEPEND ON NO ONE but GOD!! He gave YOU the vision, not your FRIENDS.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH: We can't be ignorant about our own journey. We have to read books and learn about the industry we are trying to jump into. Stay up to date on what others are doing who are successful. Study what works and what doesn't work. Listen to podcasts and take webinars. Feed your mind with knowledge of the industry that you plan to become apart of.
- GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY: If God showed it to you, he meant for you to have it. Don't talk yourself out of your blessing and your purpose. "I don't have the money to start a business", "I don't look the part", "What if I fail?" "I'm not good with businesses." GIRL BYE!!! Get out of your own way. Why do you think you know more about you than the person who created you? If God said do it.......DO IT. Let him figure out the how's and the why's. Just be obedient. Your blessing is on the other side of YOU.
- DO WHAT OTHERS WON'T: I'll be the FIRST to tell you...IT'S NOT EASY!! In fact, some days it looks IMPOSSIBLE. You will get less sleep and learn to sacrifice. But if it's what you're meant to do, you will do it ANYWAY. Others won't make it, but you will, because you'll push through the hard times and keep going. Perseverance is key. I haven't met a successful person who QUIT....I just haven't.
- WEAR YOUR HATER BLOCKERS DAILY: Yeah I said it....HATER BLOCKERS. When you start walking in your purpose, people get MAD! People are okay with you being parallel to them, but when God gives you the slightest level of elevation....the haters appear. Get ready! Your circle will get smaller and your support system will be non existent. People will attempt to cause you to doubt what God showed you. But you won't be affected because you came prepared and armed with the word of God and your Hater Blockers!
I hope these tips help you as you begin your journey to entrepreneurship. Remember, anything worth having will not be easy. But you are already equipped to handle it, so look cute while you David your Goliath! Leave your comments below.